This is a delightful mix to make and keep for ice cream drinks or just to drink alone.
It takes a full 7 days to get all of the peach flavor to transfer over!
- 1 lb fresh peaches or frozen if they are not in season.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 liter bottle of brandy
- 1 vanilla bean
Here is what I do:
- Take a pound of fresh peaches and cut them into 1 inch chunks. I use frozen all the time, so if that is all you have you are ok.
- Take the peaches and 2 cups of sugar and put them in a medium sauce pan and stir! No need for heat just yet. Let them sit at room temp and extract the juices
- Stir in 2 ups of brandy and bring to a boil. Quickly reduce the heat and simmer until the peaches have lost their color! Somewhere between 13-17 minutes
- Split the vanilla bean in half and add it to the pot of the heat! Let it sit until it cools.
- Add in the remaining brandy and stir. Pouring into a pitcher that is tight fitted or a jar that will hold everything sealed.
- After 7 days – strain mixture through a fine mesh strainer. Save the drunken peaches. You can use them later for either garnishes or just on icecream!!
- I would say it would last around a month or two. Before you have to question it. Then again if it lasts more than a month. Your doing it wrong 😂😂